Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Idaho, Honduras, Somerville and more...

On this very warm day in Cambridge, I have my mind in Genesee, ID, which is the place that I will be attending a midwifery assistant training workshop on September 8-10th (ok, I am like 90% sure that this will happen). Nancy Draznin, a labor assistant training instructor for ALACE and homebirth midwife with Motherwise Midwifery, is putting this together to train 15 women to learn how to chart, take vitals, and assist the midwife at a birth. Tres bien...

Corina, Sara and I got together again last week to do some more work on our business plan, but instead we laughed for an hour with the joy of each other's company. We said goodbye to Corina for a little bit, as she is currently leading a group to do service in Honduras. She'll be back in early July.

Sara is doing her thing in Somerville- we are all busy preparing for some down time in the summer, but keeping busy with our new doula business. Tonight I am finishing up some art work with my friend Natasha Jain, who is an illustrator and an amazing artist. She has created a logo for me and Creative Birth Doulas that we can use on business cards, brochures, etc...I can't wait to see it!

Alas, it is 5PM.
Ciao,
Gina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home